Tuesday, October 07, 2008

In The Arms of Your Significant Being: Project October


I've been thinking off and on what to do for Project October.

While on one of my walks a few weeks ago I thought about the event fairly extensive and came to a conclusion that it had to be something meaningful. But what exactly? I recall it being mid-day, hot and a beautiful blue sky overhead. In the distance I saw the Hollywood sign. Odd how I never brought a camera.

Fast forward to this past Tuesday, the seventh of October.

I'm in the Bay Area and the idea starts to gel. Not quite sure how I'm going to do it but the idea seems right and in my mind it seems to work well. Of course, it's always like that isn't it? Ideas and concepts are the easy part, implementation is always the tougher part of the equation--though it's also the fun part.

I'm on the 7:30 pm flight back to Burbank and decide to layout the idea. Fairly simple and straightforward, but realize the layout isn't the key. It's the words. So I decide to start writing the words. I wasn't sure what to base it on so I wrote down what first came into my thoughts. It wasn't anything new--just something I always knew, felt and hoped for. As I wrote down those four words, the rest came flowing. Somewhat satisfied that I had taken the initial step, I put down my pad, closed my eyes and drifted into sleep with lingering thoughts hoping this will work.

Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: