Wednesday, May 04, 2005

In the Arms of Your Significant Being: Sayuri

I had an immediate deep attraction to Sayuri. I had not felt so intensely about another person for quite some time. Well perhaps since West. I met Sayuri quite coincidentally. She answered a post from Craigslist. We chatted a few times and then over the phone. She seemed intelligent and interesting. Books seemed to be our common interest. I was happy to find someone potentially interesting as I was still reeling from my experience with West. I met Sayuri at her house. I was a little taken aback at her appearance. She wasn’t quite as attractive as her photo and she was dressed, well not quite what you would expect on a date. Black tights and Ughs. She seemed friendly enough though.

There is something interesting about Sayuri. She is never what she seems to be. She has a face that changes constantly. Throughout the night I saw her face transcend from a non-descript oval Asian face to a rich, translucent beauty. Every angle made her face transform. Especially in the candlelight, did her beauty become ever so clear. By the end of the night I was taken by her. Her intelligence consumed me. Her openness dumbfounded me. And of course her sensuality completely enveloped me.

We embraced and kissed on the second date. And by the third, we were lovers. She was apprehensive at the pace we were progressive. I didn’t care. If anything I wanted to accelerate our relationship. Sayuri expressed numerous times that she had gotten hurt before when such a whirlwind relationship ensued. Again, I didn’t care. Not care in the sense that I only imagined the perfect world where we were meant to be and that I was embraced my significant love.

The night we made love we had kissed for hours. We caressed each other and hugged and whispered. My hands were hungry to explore her. She introduced me to her small but firm breasts. Her ears, nose, eyes, all of which I kissed. I eagerly found my way to her sanctuary and opened her to me. I was met with a desire and want that I have never felt. Later as I consumed Sayuri I experienced the absence of any neither taste nor scent. It was the closest sensation to perfection. I feel asleep wrapped in the wetness of our desire, in tight embrace.

Sayuri occupied every waking moment of my day. I only wanted to be near and with her. I would hold and kiss her for hours. Alas in the end that wasn’t enough. She had sensed it all along. I had felt it, but deliberately ignored it. We didn’t have too many things in common. I didn’t care. I didn’t want to understand why having common points of view were important. Why? It was overrated, I thought. Again, the stubbornness of my not wanting to see things as they were.

Sadly, as quickly as our romance ignited, our time together came to an abrupt halt. I was hurt. The emptiness that I felt, which I long tried to rid of, made its appearance again.

An attempt at reconciliation was tried and it failed miserably. I did what I could to put Sayuri in the past. I found some solace in the company of others, but it was never the same. I mentioned the episode in some detail to West. She was infuriated at how she perceived Sayuri treated me. There was also a bit of irony. After all, it was my unrequited love for West, which drove me intensely to Sayuri. Little did West know, nor understand this.

It still comforted me to have West console me. But I also defended Sayuri when West went a bit too far. After all I was still in love with Sayuri, as I’m sure I will be for some time.

No comments: